houseofbeeswax

Moving slowly into the 21st Century with blogging and digital cameras, I will endeavor to share my recent trip to France and Italy.

Sunday, July 16, 2006




Friday, 30th of June. We checked out of our hotel and took a taxi to Gare de Lyon. We were three hours early, because we wanted to make sure we wouldn't get bumped. Anne-Marie met us there and we decided to experience dining a Le Train Bleu. I was certain in fact, because my daughter Liz goes there quite often when she is in Paris on business, and she had described it's beauty to me many times. Well, everything Liz said was true. The experience really brought you back to a bygone era. We had our tickets, now we kept watching the board to light up with Paris to Nice. It didn't happen. Finally, Sumi asked this man who looked like he worked there what was up. We were supposed to be at the other end of the station on the yellow side. Off we ran, and dear petite Anne-Marie was running with us and carrying my bag (I had too much stuff, and I mailed some home from Menton). We made it. The sleeper was not what we expected. It was regular upholstered seats. Everyone settled down and went to sleep. Sumi wanted to move to where no one was sitting so she could lay down, but I discouraged her. Those seats stayed empty all the way to Nice. It was so funny to watch us trying to find the next train to Menton. But we did and an hour later we had arrived.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home