houseofbeeswax

Moving slowly into the 21st Century with blogging and digital cameras, I will endeavor to share my recent trip to France and Italy.

Thursday, August 10, 2006




Saturday, June 24, 2006: Lunch in the tent at the Chamount castle. The chef prepared the meal to reflect the theme of the gardens. Sumi took this picture to the right. I'm drinking a non-alcoholic chilled nectar. It was very warm and humid this day, and this drink helped immensely. Sumi had given me the scarf I'm wearing. You soak it in water a few minutes. The cotton scarf contains little beads that absorb the water and expand, and it keeps you well cooled down. I highly recommend this scarf. Notice Christian is perusing the wine list. The SF Chronicle ran an article today called "Wine expert pours her heart out". The wine expert, Debbie Zachareas, "a wine instructor at the Culinary Institute of America at Greystone was named by Bloomberg Markets one of the country's leading sommeliers". She was quoted as saying "I don't think people drink enough Vouvray, made from Chenin Blanc grapes from the Loire Valley in France. It's a really nice wine that goes so well with most foods." I don't recall the name of the wine we had that afternoon in the Loire Valley, but Christian chose it and it was superb. The picture at the top was also taken by Sumi. It shows the bath for the livestock at the Chamount castle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home